Desinger Feature- Amy Sinclair

 Meet Amy Sinclair, one of the designers contributing to the upcoming Sustainable Style Charity Gala, a new event featuring an exhibition and auction of sustainable, student-made fashion, accessories, and art.

Introduce yourself; name, age, year in uni, degree path, a few interests.

Hey, I'm Amy, I'm 24 and I'm a fourth year studying French and German. When I'm not studying, you'll likely find me on a beach or hiking!

Tell me a little bit about your pieces; what they are, why you made them and how they reflect your personal style?

My jewellery is made with hand-collected sea glass, mostly found in St Andrews, but occasionally from other places in Scotland. I love the beach and wanted to share my enthusiasm for St Andrews and the lovely coastline we have in Scotland through jewellery!


Seaglass necklaces available in auction
Why did you decide to submit your pieces to the Charity Gala?


I submitted my jewellery to Sustainable Style to share the beauty you can create with sea glass that others may see as rubbish. Sea glass shows the power of the sea and represents a piece of history and the coastline all in one!


What does sustainability mean to you and how is that reflected in your pieces?


Sustainability in fashion to me is the modest consumption of clothes and accessories, where you can buy and treasure a collection of items without feeling pressure to consume more and more. My pieces are made to be cherished as a souvenir from St Andrews and to spark joy in an upcycled material - sea glass!


Seaglass rings available in auction


Comments

Popular Posts